The holidays are a time for giving. Here at the Museum, we are committed to giving back to our community. Here’s a year-end wrap-up of 12 gifts the Columbus Museum of Art gave to Central Ohio this year:
12. Memories. CMA gave every single Columbus City Schools 5th grader an art experience to remember — free of charge.
11. Great art. Our Radical Camera exhibition was hailed as “stirring” and “one of the top ten photography shows” of the year.
10. Community treasures. Most of us will never own a Monet but as a community, we own seven.
9. Civic pride. Our Marvelous Menagerie exhibition showcased an ancient mosaic that toured The Met in New York City, The Field in Chicago, The Louvre in Paris and the Columbus Museum of Art in Ohio.
8. Joy. Our Sparking Imaginations tour lets people with dementia and their caregivers relax, refresh, and enjoy time together.
7. A moment of beauty. Our new acquisition Endeavor, by glass master Lino Tagliapietra, is quickly becoming a community favorite.
6. The Wonder Room. Columbus Parent called it one of the 200 Reasons Columbus is a great place to raise a family.
5. Better doctors. Our Art of Analysis program is teaching tomorrow’s pediatricians and cardiologists how to listen and look closer.
4. An artistic outlet. Programs and events at the Museum tap into the creativity that lives in all of us.
3. Unique experiences. Our Summer Art Workshops connected kids in Ohio with kids China via Skype.
2. Free Sundays. Enough said.
1. A promise of more to come. In 2013, we bring you our hotly anticipated Rothko show.
If you enjoyed any of these gifts, give a year-end gift of $1.20, $12, $120, or whatever you can to CMA to help us continue to make a difference.
Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, and inspiring new year.
Columbus Museum of Art Executive Director