- Roaming Docents Mar 11, 2014
2013 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE
The 2013 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE, presented by the Center for Creativity at the Columbus Museum of Art, is a design competition that promotes the creative and original use of LEGO bricks.
Design finalists will be exhibited at the Columbus Museum of Art November 8, 2013 – January 5, 2014 in conjunction with our Think Outside the Brick exhibition.
Deadline for submissions: October 1, 2013
WHO Can Compete?
Anyone is eligible to participate in the 2013 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE, but all finalists must be able to transport their designs to and from CMA on the designated dates.
Judging will be based on the following age categories:
- Children (12 and under)
- Teens (ages 13-17)
- Adults (ages 18 and older)
- Group and Families (multiple people working one one design such as co-workers, a classroom or a family)
Several finalists from each age category will be selected for the Museum exhibition. From the group of finalists, four Grand Prize Winners will be selected — one from each age group. A $200 LEGO store gift card will be awarded to each Grand Prize Winner.
WHERE Does it Happen?
The finalists of the LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE will be exhibited in the Center for Creativity at the Columbus Museum of Art.
WHAT is the Challenge?
All design entries must respond to the following challenge. Create a functional or useable object using LEGO@ bricks. The object or tool could be used in real life.
The object may not exceed 12”W x 12 “L x 12”H
Final designs will be chosen by a panel of creative professionals based on the following criteria:
- Creative application of LEGO bricks
- Imaginative design and concept
- Difficulty of execution
WHEN does it happen?
|October 1, 2013:||Deadline for Entries. Submissions must be uploaded electronically via the CMA website.|
|October 15, 2013:||Finalists will be decided, and notified by 5:00pm|
|November 3-6, 2013:||Finalists drop-off their LEGO creations at the Columbus Museum of Art between the hours of 9:30am-5:00pm.|
|November 8, 2013:||CMA’s exhibition Think Outside the Brick opens to the public. The exhibition will include the creations of the contest finalists.|
|January 1, 2014:||Grand prize winners will be announced in each category as part of New Year’s Day at CMA.|
- All entries must be original designs.
- One submission per individual or group
- Designs may not exceed 12”W x 12”L x 12” H
- All entries must include a complete application and photograph of the design.
- Liability: All possible care will be taken in the handling of the finalist’s creations. Entrants accept that the Columbus Museum of Art, and their employees, volunteers, and/or governing board are not responsible for loss or damage to any entry.
Columbus Museum of Art