- Roaming Docents Oct 30, 2014
2014 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE
The 2014 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE, presented by the Center for Creativity at the Columbus Museum of Art, is a design competition that promotes the creative and original use of LEGO bricks.
Design finalists will be exhibited at the Columbus Museum of Art November 21, 2014 – January 25, 2015 in conjunction with our Think Outside the Brick exhibition.
Deadline for submissions: October 17, 2014
WHO Can Compete?
Anyone is eligible to participate in the 2014 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE, but all finalists must be able to transport their designs to and from CMA on the designated dates. (See WHEN does it happen).
Judging will be based on the following age categories:
- Children (12 and under)
- Teens (ages 13-17)
- Adults (ages 18 and older)
- Group and Families (multiple people working one one design such as co-workers, a classroom or a family)
WHERE Does it Happen?
The finalists of the LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE will be exhibited in the Center for Creativity at the Columbus Museum of Art.
WHAT is the Challenge?
All design entries must respond to the following challenge:
In The LEGO Movie, the characters explore a wild variety of imaginary worlds made of LEGO bricks. Help us imagine a new Columbus! What building, structure, or mode of transportation does a new Columbus need? Be a Master Builder and make something with LEGO bricks for our new Columbus.
The design must be built on a LEGO baseplate measuring 10”x10”
The design may not exceed 10” W x 10” L x 24” H
Final designs will be chosen by a panel of creative professionals based on the following criteria:
- Creative application of LEGO bricks
- Imaginative design and concept
- Difficulty of execution
WHEN does it happen?
|October 17, 2014:||Deadline for Entries. Submissions must be uploaded electronically via the CMA website.|
|October 27, 2014:||Finalists will be notified by email by October 27, 2014.|
|November 7-10, 2014:||Finalists drop-off their LEGO creations at the Columbus Museum of Art between the hours of 9:30am-5:00pm.|
|November 21, 2014:||CMA’s exhibition Think Outside the Brick opens to the public. The exhibition will include the creations of the contest finalists.|
|January 1, 2015:||Grand prize winners will be announced in each category as part of New Year’s Day at CMA.|
HOW DO YOU SUBMIT a Design to the Challenge?
Complete the 2014 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE application. Submit the application along with one photograph of the design (Photo should not exceed 2MB).
- All entries must be original designs.
- One submission per individual or group
- Designs may not exceed 10”W x 10”L x 24” H
- All entries must include a complete application and photograph of the design.
- Liability: All possible care will be taken in the handling of the finalist’s creations. Entrants accept that the Columbus Museum of Art, and their employees, volunteers, and/or governing board are not responsible for loss or damage to any entry.
Several finalists from each age category will be selected for the Museum exhibition. Museum visitors will vote to select the Grand Prize Winners. A $200 Amazon gift card will be awarded to each Grand Prize Winner.
Columbus Museum of Art