- Inside Story Tour: American Stories Gallery Jul 5, 2015
2015 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE
The 2015 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE is a partnership between the Columbus Museum of Art (CMA), COSI, and Ohio History Connection (OHC). Open to builders of all ages and experience levels, the challenge promotes the creative use of LEGO bricks to explore transportation and architecture.
Design finalists will be exhibited at one of the partnering organizations at a designated time from November 2015 – May 2016. Finalists will be notified by October 20, 2015.
WHO Can Compete?
Anyone is eligible to participate in the 2015 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE, but all finalists must be able to transport their designs to and from the exhibiting museum.
Judging of designs will be divided into 2 categories:
– Youth (16 and under)/Family
WHERE Does it Happen?
Design finalists will be assigned to exhibit at one of the partnering organizations (CMA, COSI, OHC) at a designated time between November 2015 and May 2016.
WHAT is the Challenge?
All design entries must respond to the following challenge.
Where do you want to live? How do you want to get there?
Design a building and mode of transportation
- All entries must be original designs.
- Designs may not exceed 10” W x 10” L x 24” H
- All entries must be built on a LEGO baseplate measuring 10” x 10”
- One submission per individual or group.
- All entries must include a complete application and photograph of the design.
- All entries must be submitted between July 15 and September 21, 2015
HOW ARE THE FINALISTS SELECTED?
Final designs will be chosen by a panel of local professionals based on the following criteria:
- Creative application of LEGO bricks
- Imaginative design and concept
- Difficulty of execution
- Creative interpretation of challenge
HOW DO YOU SUBMIT a Design to the Challenge?
Complete the 2015 LEGO DESIGN CHALLENGE application by clicking on the link below. Submit the application along with one photograph of the design between July 15 and September 21, 2015. (Photo should not exceed 2MB).
Prizes will be awarded.