- Member Services
- Art Celebration and Art Fusion
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Work – Job Opportunities
- Connect with CMA Online
- Roaming Docents Mar 11, 2014
Work – Job Opportunities
Current Job Openings at the Columbus Museum of Art
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Columbus Museum of Art. See below for current job position openings at the Columbus Museum of Art. Please check back frequently for job opportunities at the Columbus Museum of Art, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Columbus Museum of Art is seeking a full-time Banquet Manager for its Special Events Department. This position will report to the Director of Events and Business Strategies. Functioning as a liaison between the Sales team, Special Events Contingent Staff, and clients, this position is responsible for the execution of Special Events.
This position works a minimum of 35 hours per week and is paid bi-weekly at $1,154 or $30,000 annualized. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life/AD&D, and 403(B) Retirement Plan. Generous paid time off and holidays.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality or a related field or commensurate combination of education and experience. Prior experience is the food service industry is required. This position requires the ability to work without close supervision and ability to build and lead a service oriented team. Must have high standards of quality and service and display a professional, mature attitude and demeanor. Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office. This position must work effectively with management and staff and exhibit a high degree of confidentiality. Must be flexible and able to work long hours, including weekends, when necessary.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Hiring, staffing, training and supervising servers and bartenders. Ensure that servers possess professional appearance and demeanor.
- Attends staff meetings and client meetings as they relate to planning and execution of special events.
- Responsible for the completion of paperwork related to events including event information packets for servers, timesheets, comment forms, beverage inventory sheets, as well as preparing invoicing information immediately following an event. Invoicing information is forwarded to the Director of Events within 10 days of the event.
- Manages all rental items used at events including checking accuracy of all deliveries, return of rental items, and record keeping related to breakage. Reporting any missing and damaged items to the Sales Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining liquor room inventory and ordering of supplies such as plastic and paper products. Also responsible for equipment maintenance and monthly inventories.
- Assist in all aspects of internal events.
- Oversee special event functions including set-up, teardown, staffing, and food service. Ensures protection of galleries while providing oversight of crowd control during the event.
- Assists with other office management tasks as needed.
Physical requirements include the ability to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear and see. Must be able to work long hours when necessary and stand or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to use hands to touch, handle and feel. Must be able to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to reach with hands and arms and carry heavy food-laden trays. Must be able to taste and smell. Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position must be able to work in high traffic kitchen/banquet setting to retrieve food for service. Must carry heavy trays of food through high traffic area and in/out of elevators and preparation areas. Noise levels are moderate to loud.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com or mail same to Attn: Human Resources, Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215. No telephone calls, please.
Internship Opportunities at the Columbus Museum of Art
An internship at the Columbus Museum of Art provides college undergraduate and graduate students with practical work experience and in-depth training in the museum profession. While working under the supervision of one of the Museum’s professional staff members, interns contribute to projects, gain insight into the functions of individual departments, and learn about the Museum’s various collections, exhibitions, and programs for visitors.
Internship opportunities may be available in these departments.
(Although internship opportunities are regularly available in many departments, not all will have positions available every quarter.)
Administration: Learn how a museum operates and functions as a non-profit institution. Assist with administrative tasks and behind-the-scene work to explore what it takes to make a museum run.
Collections: Work with Museum registrars to monitor, track, and record the artworks in the collection as well as those traveling for exhibitions. Work with the archives and records of the artwork in the collection.
Exhibitions: Discover how galleries and exhibitions come together. This department manages the galleries, makes frames and cases, handles and delivers artwork, and more.
Curatorial: Learn about the artwork in CMA’s collection and how exhibitions are conceived of and developed. Work with the museum collection and traveling exhibitions researching information about art and artists. (Upper-class and graduate students only please.)
Education: Find out how the museum connects the visitor with the art. Gain hands-on experience with one of a variety of programs dealing with families, students, tours, adults, exhibitions, and more.
Development: This department makes connections with businesses and individuals through endowments, memberships, and donations. Help to keep the museum strong by building key relationships.
All internships are unpaid.
Schedules are flexible.
Internships are offered in the autumn, spring, and summer.
Application due dates:
Autumn: August 15
Winter/Spring: November 30
Summer: March 15
Contact Amanda Kepner at firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions about internships at CMA.