- DSH 2015
- Member Services
- Art Celebration
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Work – Job Opportunities
- Roaming Docents Aug 1, 2015
Work – Job Opportunities
Current Job Openings at the Columbus Museum of Art
Thank you for your interest in employment at the Columbus Museum of Art. See below for current job position openings at the Columbus Museum of Art. Please check back frequently for job opportunities at the Columbus Museum of Art, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PART-TIME SALES ASSOCIATE
The Columbus Museum of Art is seeking a part-time sales associate for its Museum Store. In this position, you will have the opportunity to be part of the set-up and grand opening of the new Museum Store when CMA’s new wing opens in October. Must be available to work on Saturday and Sunday.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Working on the sales floor, engaging customers, and proactively selling.
- Ensuring that customers feel welcome and engaged, leading to future support of the museum.
- Facilitating processes, creating and maintaining an environment that ensures excellent customer service for visitors and internal customers. Creating an exciting, enjoyable shopping environment (well-stocked, beautifully merchandised, organized, and clean).
- Assisting customers in the selection and purchase of merchandise using an outgoing, friendly manner. Using a proactive approach, ensuring that customers are aware of exhibition-related merchandise, special sales, and/or events. Assisting customers with special needs and special orders.
- Processing sales transactions through point of sale system. Professional and accurate handling of cash, check and credit card transactions.
- Ensuring merchandise is well-stocked and displayed as advantageously as possible. Maintaining excellent knowledge of merchandise, including artists’ information, price points, and general stock levels including that of merchandise on the sales floor as well as in back stock.
- Keeping all areas of shop clean and well-organized.
- Being an ambassador for products, programs, and exhibitions at the museum.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate an enthusiastic and outgoing demeanor and project a professional attitude and appearance. Must be computer literate and willing to learn the CMA’s POS system. Candidate must be able to handle cash and key controls according to museum guidelines. Great people skills are a must. Prior retail experience preferred.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
To apply, please e-mail resume and three references to email@example.com or mail resume and references to Human Resources, Columbus Museum of Art, 480 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43215. Only those candidates considered for interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AT COLUMBUS MUSEUM OF ART
An internship at the Columbus Museum of Art provides college undergraduate and graduate students with practical work experience and in-depth training in the museum profession. While working under the supervision of one of the Museum’s professional staff members, interns contribute to projects, gain insight into the functions of individual departments, and learn about the Museum’s various collections, exhibitions, and programs for visitors.
Internship opportunities may be available in these departments.
(Although internship opportunities are regularly available in many departments, not all will have positions available every quarter.)
Administration: Learn how a museum operates and functions as a non-profit institution. Assist with administrative tasks and behind-the-scene work to explore what it takes to make a museum run.
Collections: Work with Museum registrars to monitor, track, and record the artworks in the collection as well as those traveling for exhibitions. Work with the archives and records of the artwork in the collection.
Exhibitions: Discover how galleries and exhibitions come together. This department manages the galleries, makes frames and cases, handles and delivers artwork, and more.
Curatorial: Learn about the artwork in CMA’s collection and how exhibitions are conceived of and developed. Work with the museum collection and traveling exhibitions researching information about art and artists. (Upper-class and graduate students only please.)
Education: Find out how the museum connects the visitor with the art. Gain hands-on experience with one of a variety of programs dealing with families, students, tours, adults, exhibitions, and more.
Development: This department makes connections with businesses and individuals through endowments, memberships, and donations. Help to keep the museum strong by building key relationships.
All internships are unpaid.
Schedules are flexible.
Internships are offered in the autumn, spring, and summer.
Application due dates:
Autumn: August 15
Winter/Spring: November 30
Summer: March 15
Contact Amanda Kepner at firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions about internships at CMA.