Columbus Museum of Art (CMA) is undergoing a beautification initiative called Creative Campus. The project encompasses our whole neighborhood, which includes Columbus College of Art & Design (CCAD), State Auto, Columbus State Community College and more. As a City of Columbus public service project, Creative Campus will provide necessary upgrades to the streets, sidewalks, and aesthetic elements in our neighborhood.
In the long term, that means adding more trees, benches, lighting, and improved pedestrian safety. Creative Campus project includes:
- preserving and adding more trees
- repairing sidewalks
- adding crosswalks where people naturally cross
- adding a median on Cleveland Avenue
- adding raised intersections at Gay and Cleveland, Gay and Ninth, and Gay and Washington
- adding benches, chairs, and more street lighting
In the short term, it means construction. Creative Campus construction changes include:
- Enter the CMA parking lot from Ninth Street, and exit to East Gay/Washington Street. Parking in the Museum’s lot is a flat $5 rate with payment taken at the admissions desk. CMA members and visitors to the Museum Store enjoy free parking. Just bring your Museum ID or receipt to the admissions desk.
- East Gay Street will be closed to all vehicle traffic (from Cleveland Avenue to CMA parking lot exit).
- North Ninth Street will convert from a one-way street to a two-way street to allow access to the CMA and CCAD Canzani Center parking lot.