The Columbus Museum of Art is now reopen as of Saturday, December 19 after a month-long community health break. The Museum will be open to the public as a safe place to visit if our community needs us. Updated safety measures include:
- Further reduction of our already lowered visitor capacity and redoubling of our cleaning protocols to maximize guest safety for those who do visit.
- Schokko Café is open for carry-out service and limited indoor dining during regular Museum hours.
- We will continue to observe the statewide mandate requiring face coverings for all visitors and staff. Staff who are able to work remotely are strongly encouraged to do so.
- In-person programming is suspended. Please visit our Events & Programs page to sign-up for a virtual program.
The Museum is open Tuesday – Sunday from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM and Thursday from 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM. All Museum visits, including for Members, will require a dated, timed admission ticket. General and special exhibition admission tickets are available online or by phone.
Your health and safety are top priority. Columbus Museum of Art is dedicated to remaining a safe and welcoming place for our community and visitors. In response to coronavirus (COVID-19) and to support efforts to help reduce the spread of the virus, we have implemented enhanced protocols, procedures and guidelines. We recommend getting acquainted with the modifications before you visit. Your visit to the Museum may look different, but know that these protocols and guidelines are there to provide a safe and great experience with great art for all of our visitors and staff.
Below is how to plan for your visit and our new protocols and guidelines, developed in alignment with official health and government recommendations.
View the Visiting during Covid-19 Guidelines in
Planning Your Visit
CMA is open 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Tuesday – Sunday and 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM on Thursday.
- Timed tickets will be available Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday until 3:00 PM.
- Timed tickets will be available Thursday until 7:00 PM
- Timed tickets not required to visit the Museum Store or order from Schokko Café
Tuesday – Sunday, visitors, including Members, can select reservation times of 10:00 am, 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, and 3:00 PM.
On Thursdays, visitors, including Members, can select reservation times of 10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM. 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 5:00 PM, 6:00 PM, and 7:00 PM.
Every Friday, reservations for a new week will become available. If you would like to plan your visit farther in advance, please call 614.221.6801.
The Museum will be operating at a significantly reduced capacity to allow for social distancing. For those visitors that are part of a vulnerable population, senior citizens, or simply exercising extra caution, we have further reduced capacity at the following times: 2:00 PM & 3:00 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday or 10:00 AM & 11:00 AM on Sunday.
- All Museum visitors, including Members, will now need a dated, timed ticket to visit. Both general and special exhibition admission tickets should be pre-purchased or pre-reserved online or by phone. We strongly encourage visitors, including Members, to buy or reserve admission tickets in advance.
- Day-of admission tickets may be available for visitors who arrive without reservations, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Visitors will have a one-hour window to redeem an entrance ticket and may stay as long as they like.
- Visitors who arrive early are invited to experience our outdoor exhibition, Always CMA, at the Museum’s entrance. Please observe the social distancing signage connected to the exhibition.
- Visitors may choose to print admission tickets at home or show their admission ticket on their phone or other mobile device. Printed admission tickets or digital tickets will be scanned at the Admission Desk.
- All Museum visitors, including Members, will now need a dated, timed ticket to visit. Both general and special exhibition admission tickets should be pre-purchased or pre-reserved online or by phone.
- All Members still receive a 10% discount in the Museum Store and Schokko Café.
- All Members still receive free parking.
- We encourage Members to renew online, via mail, or by phone.
- If you have questions about your Museum Membership, please email email@example.com or call 614.629.0344.
What to Know Before You go: Guidelines for Visiting
- If you feel unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19, please visit another day.
- Please use preventative measures such as washing your hands for at least 20 seconds and using the hand sanitizer stations located throughout the Museum.
- All visitors, including Members, should reserve a timed admission ticket online or by phone before visiting. Museum capacity will be limited and general admission and special exhibition admission tickets will be reserved according to timed arrivals. Visitors will have a one-hour window to redeem an entrance ticket and may stay as long as they like. A small amount of day-of admission tickets may be available for visitors who arrive without reservations, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Please respect and maintain social distancing of six-feet or more between unrelated social groups at all times. Areas such as the Admissions Desk that require a line have floor graphics. Social distancing indicators such as stanchions and signage can be found throughout the Museum.
- Please wear face coverings for the protection of all visitors and staff. Use of face coverings shows respect for others’ safety and protection. Face coverings and face shields will be available onsite for visitors who arrive without them. Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther signed an executive order requiring face coverings in public as of July 3, 2020.
- Only one visitor or social group at a time may use elevators and coat rooms.
- Please limit the number of personal belongings you bring into the Museum. As much as possible, please do not bring umbrellas, coats, bags, or other belongings into the Museum to limit use of shared coat rooms and baggage check areas.
New Safety and Cleaning Protocols & Procedures
- Columbus Museum of Art has supported and will continue to comply with all local, state, and federal regulations regarding COVID-19.
- To ensure proper social distancing, the Museum will be operating with limited capacity in our galleries, Museum Store, and carry-out only service in Schokko Café.
- Plexi shields have been installed at registers for the safety of our visitors and staff.
- Digital maps are available online on the Visit page. Single-use, printed maps will be available at the Admissions Desk. Maps also in Spanish, Arabic, and Somali.
- Restrooms will be open and will be frequently cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Restroom facilities in the Margaret M. Walter Wing have touch-free faucets and hand dryers.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the facility. Thank you to our partner Middle West Spirits for providing CMA with an abundant and steady supply of locally-made hand sanitizer.
- The Museum has updated cleaning protocols and high-touch surfaces will be frequently cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
- Enclosed spaces with high touch surfaces will be closed or will have signage indicating the appropriate social distancing. For the foreseeable future, our Wonder Room, Studio, and Kidder Video Gallery are closed.
- Museum Store has updated cleaning protocols and social distancing graphics. Click here for Museum Store details.
- Schokko Café has updated cleaning protocols, ordering, seating, and menu options. Click here for Schokko Café details.
- Free, single-use Essential Engagement Kits are available upon request in the Atrium. Essential Engagement Kits include individual supplies — set of gloves, pencil, post-its — for use with hands-on activities.
- Hands-on activities in the Center for Creativity will be cleaned hourly.
- Museum-provided strollers, walkers and wheelchairs will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each use.
- One-way directions have been implemented where necessary in galleries and exhibitions.
- Face coverings are mandatory for all staff in accordance with state regulations.
- All staff team members conduct daily health checks before beginning work.
- All staff team members follow good personal hygiene guidelines, including washing hands and increased sanitation.
- Additional person protective equipment (PPE), hand sanitizer, disinfectant and cleaning supplies have been secured by the Museum.
- All staff who can work from home have been encouraged to do so. Those who are working onsite have staggered schedules to reduce risk of exposure.
- All staff team members have paid sick leave. Those staff members who do not pass a health check or who are sick are required to stay home.
Exhibitions, Tours & Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
What about parking?
Parking at the Museum remains the same. CMA operates a parking lot off East Gay Street where members can park for free and all other visitors play a flat fee of $5. We encourage visitors to pay for parking at the gate. Members will still receive validated parking from the Admissions Desk. Click here for a parking map. Parking maps also available in Spanish, Arabic, and Somali.
Do I need to reserve a timed ticket or make an online reservation to visit the Museum Store or Schokko Café?
You do not need a timed ticket or an online reservation to shop in the Museum Store or to order from Schokko Café. Due to limited capacity, we request your patience in advance for any wait times or delays in service due to social distancing guidelines.
Do I need a dated, timed ticket to visit on Free Sundays?
Yes. While admission on Sundays remains free, all visitors need to reserve a dated, timed admission ticket to enter. NEW general admission will also be free on all Saturdays through January 2021. Special exhibition tickets are available for an $8 surcharge. A small amount of day-of admission tickets may be available for visitors who arrive without reservations, but cannot be guaranteed.
What if I arrive before or after my reserved time?
To help minimize crowds, visitors cannot enter the Museum prior to their timeslot. If you arrive before your reserved time, we invite you to experience Always CMA, a new outdoor exhibition commissioned by CMA featuring work by artist Melissa Vogley Woods.
For timed-entry tickets, do I have to leave when my time window is over?
You do not need to leave when your time window is over. CMA will be monitoring visitor capacity and adjusting entry appropriately to ensure a safe and pleasant experience for everyone.
What if I need to reschedule my ticket?
Please call 614.221.6801 to reschedule your ticket.
How can members renew online?
Members can renew their memberships by clicking here.
I have a complimentary voucher for admission, how do I reserve my ticket?
Please call 614.221.6801 to redeem your complimentary voucher or free admission pass.
Will reciprocal memberships be accepted?
Yes, reciprocal memberships will be accepted. Please call 614.221.6801 to reserve your timed admission tickets using your reciprocal benefits.
How do I purchase Member admission tickets online?
Timed, dated tickets are required for Members. Members can purchase tickets by:
- Click on the “Purchase Tickets” button
- Click the “Sign In” link in the upper right hand corner
- Enter your email and password and click “Sign In”
- If successful, you will see your email address in the upper right hand corner.
- If your email address does not appear in the upper right hand corner, and do not receive a Forgot Password email within a few minutes after you’ve clicked on it, you may not have registered yet on our website. Please try to register and then if unsuccessful, call Membership at 614.629.0344.
- Ticket prices will be adjusted in your cart when you go to check out.
Can I purchase admission tickets online with the Columbus Member Advantage Program discount?
Members of select Central Ohio museums and attractions can save $3 on general admission through the Columbus Member Advantage program. Visit our membership page to see if your organization is listed as a partner. Please call 614.221.6801 to purchase timed admission tickets with the Columbus Member Advantage discount.
For additional information on the coronavirus and precautionary measures, please visit the following websites:
Center for Disease Control and Prevention – COVID-19
World Health Organization – COVID-19
Ohio Department of Health – COVID-19
Columbus Public Health