Here’s the short answer: Connector Series is a visiting artist program which takes place the second Saturday of every month from 1:00 – 4:00pm. However, that really does very little to describe what this program is all about.
- Connector Series is participatory, so visitors get to join in on the fun and creativity.
- Each Connector Series event looks really different from the last because each artist is so different.
- The artists don’t even have to be artists.
What’s that you say? A visiting artist program with artists who aren’t artists? Have you lost your minds!? No. Well, maybe but that is beside the point. Now, don’t get me wrong, all of our Connector Series artists are doing some really cool, creative work. We just have an incredibly broad definition of the word “artist.”
- Are you a creative thinker and doer?
- Are you willing to collaborate?
- Are you excited to try something new, outside of your comfort zone?
- Are you curious, always exploring new ideas?
- Are you comfortable with other human beings in a participatory environment?
If you fit all of these criteria, chances are that you would make an excellent Connector Series artist. You don’t necessarily have to make participatory artwork, or even be an artist. In fact, I’m very excited for our January Connector Series, featuring Dungeon Master Rob Kepner, who will share his passion for Dungeons & Dragons (a popular role-playing game) by working with CMA visitors to create their own stories. Rob would never call himself an artist, in fact he’s an engineer, but in many ways he is the perfect candidate. He’s creative, excited to try something new, and willing to share what he loves to do creatively with others.
And if you still don’t know what I’m talking about, why don’t you just stop by next month, November 8, to see Kat Marie Moya, local tattoo artist, and so much more.