- How to Get Here
- Host Your Event
- Calendar and Events
- Roaming Docents Aug 4, 2015
Guided School Tours
- A variety of guided tour experiences are available. Please see our current list of available tours.
- Tours are scheduled Tuesday through Sunday beginning at 10 am and last 50 minutes.
- The charge for a 50-minute tour is $4 per person. Teachers and chaperones are free. Art and Language is $5 per student (drawing tablets and pencils provided).
- There is a minimum of 10 students and a maximum of 60 students per 50-minute tour.
- You may request self-guided time after your Docent-led tour (rules for Self Guided Groups apply).
- Parking is free in the Museum lot, and additional metered parking is available nearby.
- Schedule tours October through February when possible to avoid our most crowded period: March, April, and May.
How to Schedule
Submit a Tour Reservation Request form to schedule your date, time and tour preference. Call 614.629.0359 if you have questions. You will need the following information to schedule your tour.
- Date and time
- Alternate dates and times
- Group size and grade level
- School or organization
- Tour topic
- Teacher or group leader’s name
- Teacher’s school and home telephone numbers
- Address of school or organization
- Special requests (handicap access, etc.)
- Request for Docent-in-the School
Once your request is received the Museum will contact you to approve your tour date, time and topic. A docent will call you at least one week before your visit to reconfirm the date, time, and content of the tour, and to determine a final count.
One adult chaperone is required for every ten students (grades 1-8) throughout the Museum. Kindergarten groups should have one adult for every five children. In order to ensure a quality experience for the groups, chaperones are asked not to bring preschool aged children.
Call us at 614.629.0359 immediately if a cancellation or change in your reservation is necessary. Cancellations must be made at least one week prior to your scheduled tour or your school will be invoiced.
Prior to your visit, a Museum Docent can visit your classroom and prepare your students by looking at images using critical thinking skills. This service is free and only available to classes that have booked a Docent led tour. Technology is provided. Request a Docent-in-the-School when you book your tour.
Teachers and group leaders must notify the CMA Education Department in advance when bringing a self-guided group of ten or more. One adult must accompany each group of ten students. The adult is responsible for seeing that his or her group follows Museum rules and maintains appropriate behavior. Museum policy is mailed when a self-guided tour is scheduled. A visit beginning at NOON or after is highly recommended for self-guided tours because most docent led tours are conducted in the morning. Priority is given to docent-led tours in the galleries. The Museum reserves the right to deny admission to self-guided groups that arrive without reservations. Regular Museum admission fee applies. Gallery activities are available at the information desk for self-guided groups.