We're Open! Click here
for more information on visiting.
Fun Facts About the Columbus Museum of Art Expansion
- The New Wing adds 50,000 square feet to the Columbus Museum of Art.
- Throughout the construction process, CMA recycled 95.9% of materials from the expansion project, diverting them from the land fill.
- There are 1,539 copper panels on the exterior of the new wing.
- Approximately 375 works will be on display throughout the Museum when it opens to the public on October 25. This does not include the works in Keeping Pace and Feeley.
- Thirty-three new additions to the Museum’s collection will make their CMA debut this fall.
- The oldest works on display will be a collection of ancient glass on loan from the Israeli Antiquities Authority.
- The newest works on display will be Jeppe Hein’s Mirror Balloons V.
- Mel Chin’s Spirit will be the largest work on display. Spirit is so large that a room had to be built to display it.
- Fourteen works of art will be installed outside on the Museum grounds.