- How to Get Here
- Host Your Event
- Calendar and Events
- Art Celebration 2015: SOLDOUT Oct 22, 2015
Please note: In preparation for our Community Grand Opening, presented by PNC Arts Alive on Sunday, October 25, Columbus Museum of Art will be closed September 7 – October 24. This temporary hiatus allows us to streamline operations, test new systems, and put the finishing touches on our stunningly transformed institution
Parking is available in our newly refinished lot off East Gay Street. Sat.-Sun. additional parking is available in the State Auto Lot. Parking meters are also available in the area.
The Museum Store is closed until our Community Grand Opening presented by PNC Arts Alive on October 25, 2015. Until then you can shop from the convenience of your home in the CMA Online Museum Stor
Center for Creativity
The entire ground floor is the dynamic Center for Creativity. People of all ages can explore, think, imagine, play, learn, wonder, and create in the Center.
Guide By Cell Tours
Use your cell phone to learn more about works of art, artists, and more. With this interactive, user-friendly tool, visitors enhance their museum experiences by using their cell phone to learn more about the works they are seeing and the artists who created them. With Guide by Cell, museum visitors dial a phone number and then select the code that appears next to the artwork to learn more about the piece. Visitors may stay on the same call throughout their visit and the only charges incurred are their cell phone minutes and any roaming charges.
Additional Visiting Info
Audio Description Tour for Visitors with Visual Impairment
For a detailed list of our Guide-By-Cell for the visually impaired, which includes detailed descriptions of selected artworks please click here.
- Lockers are available for storing backpacks and oversized bags.
- Photography: Still photography is permitted for private, noncommercial use only in the galleries devoted to the artwork owned by the Museum. Works of art on loan from private individuals or other institutions may not be photographed including works in special exhibitions. The use of a flash and tripod are prohibited.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please inquire at the Admissions Desk.
- Sketching with pencils only is permitted in the galleries.
- Food and beverages permitted in the food service areas only.
Museum Dos and Don’ts
Visiting Columbus, Ohio
Live for variety? We’ve built an entire city around it. You see, as a patchwork of communities, each with its own distinct character and offerings, our style changes with a 15-minute walk. You can sample the historic, the artsy, the sports-oriented, the high fashion and the college life, all in one very manageable, friendly Mid-western city. Check us out. We’ll give you a taste of local color, Columbus style. Visit www.experiencecolumbus.com for the latest information on everything in Columbus.
The Columbus Museum of Art is located in the Discovery District, just four blocks east of the State Capitol. Public transportation is available via COTA; the #10 line bus stops in front of the Museum. There is also a CoGo Bike Share station in front of the Museum on Broad Street. Click here to get directions.
480 E Broad St
Columbus, OH 43215
614-221-4848 (24-hr info)