UPDATE June 2, 2021: As we emerge from COVID-19, we continue to encourage the following guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit
- Dated timed tickets will remain in effect to control crowded hours and reduce wait time. We are maintaining our enhanced cleaning protocols to maximize guest safety.
- Schokko Café is open for inside and outside seated service, following all state protocols.
- Face coverings are encouraged for all visitors while inside the Museum, especially for those who are not fully vaccinated. On-site staff will continue to wear facial coverings. Disposable masks are available at the welcome desk.
- We will be introducing blended programming options to accommodate those who wish to remain home. Please visit our Events & Programs page to find virtual and blended program options.
The Museum is open Tuesday – Sunday from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM and Thursday from 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM. All Museum visits, including for Members, will require a dated, timed admission ticket. General and special exhibition admission tickets are available online or by phone.
Your health and safety are top priority. Columbus Museum of Art is dedicated to remaining a safe and welcoming place for our community and visitors.
Planning Your Visit
- Timed tickets will be available Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday until 3:00 PM.
- Timed tickets will be available Thursday until 7:00 PM
- Timed tickets not required to visit the Museum Store or order from Schokko Café
- Day-of admission tickets may be available for visitors who arrive without reservations, but cannot be guaranteed.
- Visitors will have a one-hour window to redeem an entrance ticket and may stay as long as they like.
- Visitors who arrive early are invited to experience our outdoor exhibition, Always CMA, at the Museum’s entrance.
Every Friday, reservations for a new week will become available. If you would like to plan your visit farther in advance, please call 614.221.6801.
The Museum will be operating at a reduced capacity to allow for social distancing. For those visitors that are part of a vulnerable population, senior citizens, or simply exercising extra caution, we have further reduced capacity at the following times: 2:00 PM & 3:00 PM on Tuesday and Wednesday or 10:00 AM & 11:00 AM on Sunday.
- All Museum visitors, including Members, will need a dated, timed ticket to visit. Both general and special exhibition admission tickets should be pre-purchased or pre-reserved online or by phone.
- All Members still receive a 10% discount in the Museum Store and Schokko Café.
- All Members still receive free parking.
- We encourage Members to renew online, via mail, or by phone.
- If you have questions about your Museum Membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614.629.0344.
What to Know Before You go: Guidelines for Visiting
- If you feel unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19, please visit another day.
- Please use preventative measures such as washing your hands for at least 20 seconds and using the hand sanitizer stations located throughout the Museum.
- Please respect and maintain social distancing of six-feet or more between unrelated social groups at all times.
- We encourage face coverings for all visitors, especially those who are not fully vaccinated. Face coverings and face shields will be available onsite for visitors who arrive without them.
- Please limit the number of personal belongings you bring into the Museum. As much as possible, please do not bring umbrellas, coats, bags, or other belongings into the Museum to limit use of shared coat rooms and baggage check areas.
- Digital maps are available here. Single-use, printed maps will be available at the Admissions Desk. Maps also in Spanish, Arabic, and Somali.
Safety and Cleaning Protocols & Procedures
- Restrooms will be open and will be frequently cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Restroom facilities in the Margaret M. Walter Wing have touch-free faucets and hand dryers.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the facility. Thank you to our partner Middle West Spirits for providing CMA with an abundant and steady supply of locally-made hand sanitizer.
- Free, single-use Essential Engagement Kits are available in the Atrium. Essential Engagement Kits include individual supplies — set of gloves, pencil, post-its — for use with hands-on activities.
- Hands-on activities in the Center for Creativity will be cleaned regularly.
- Museum-provided strollers, walkers and wheelchairs will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each use.
Exhibitions, Tours & Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
What about parking?
Parking at the Museum remains the same. CMA operates a parking lot off East Gay Street where members can park for free and all other visitors play a flat fee of $5. We encourage visitors to pay for parking at the gate. Members will still receive validated parking from the Admissions Desk. Click here for a parking map. Parking maps also available in Spanish, Arabic, and Somali.
Do I need to reserve a timed ticket or make an online reservation to visit the Museum Store or Schokko Café?
You do not need a timed ticket or an online reservation to shop in the Museum Store or to order from Schokko Café. Due to limited capacity, we request your patience in advance for any wait times or delays in service due to social distancing guidelines.
Do I need a dated, timed ticket to visit on Free Sundays?
Yes. While admission on Sundays remains free, all visitors need to reserve a dated, timed admission ticket to enter. Special exhibition tickets are available for an $8 surcharge. A small amount of day-of admission tickets may be available for visitors who arrive without reservations, but cannot be guaranteed.
What if I arrive before or after my reserved time?
To help minimize crowds, visitors cannot enter the Museum prior to their timeslot. If you arrive before your reserved time, we invite you to experience Always CMA, a new outdoor exhibition commissioned by CMA featuring work by artist Melissa Vogley Woods.
For timed-entry tickets, do I have to leave when my time window is over?
You do not need to leave when your time window is over. CMA will be monitoring visitor capacity and adjusting entry appropriately to ensure a safe and pleasant experience for everyone.
What if I need to reschedule my ticket?
Please call 614.221.6801 to reschedule your ticket.
How can members renew online?
Members can renew their memberships by clicking here.
I have a complimentary voucher for admission, how do I reserve my ticket?
Please call 614.221.6801 to redeem your complimentary voucher or free admission pass.
Will reciprocal memberships be accepted?
Yes, reciprocal memberships will be accepted. Please call 614.221.6801 to reserve your timed admission tickets using your reciprocal benefits.
How do I purchase Member admission tickets online?
Timed, dated tickets are required for Members. Members can purchase tickets by:
- Click on the “Purchase Tickets” button
- Click the “Sign In” link in the upper right hand corner
- Enter your email and password and click “Sign In”
- If successful, you will see your email address in the upper right hand corner.
- If your email address does not appear in the upper right hand corner, and do not receive a Forgot Password email within a few minutes after you’ve clicked on it, you may not have registered yet on our website. Please try to register and then if unsuccessful, call Membership at 614.629.0344.
- Ticket prices will be adjusted in your cart when you go to check out.
Can I purchase admission tickets online with the Columbus Member Advantage Program discount?
Members of select Central Ohio museums and attractions can save $3 on general admission through the Columbus Member Advantage program. Visit our membership page to see if your organization is listed as a partner. Please call 614.221.6801 to purchase timed admission tickets with the Columbus Member Advantage discount.
For additional information on the coronavirus and precautionary measures, please visit the following websites:
Center for Disease Control and Prevention – COVID-19
World Health Organization – COVID-19
Ohio Department of Health – COVID-19
Columbus Public Health